Our Volunteer Process
Volunteers are the key to our success!
To become a volunteer for the Humane Society of Wickenburg, an individual must meet the following criteria:
1. Be 18 year or older to foster a dog or cat.
2. Be 16 years or older to volunteer in any capacity at HSW.
3. In addition to completing the volunteer application, the volunteer or parent or guardian for those between the ages of 16-18 must sign a volunteer Agreement/Release Form. Disclaimers will not completely protect HSW from liability but serve as good documentation and risk management to confirm that volunteers were provided with, read and understood the procedures as well as risks involved with the volunteer position.
4. Complete the Humane Society of Wickenburg Volunteer Application and Agreement.
a. Provide appropriate information about your background, including but not limited to, previous volunteer experience, animal care experience.
b. Have a valid Arizona driver’s license if you wish to transport dogs or cats.
c. Be without any conflict of interest with any activity or program of HSW, whether personal, philosophical or financial.
5. You will be notified that your application is approved or denied. The Executive Director of HSW has the discretion to deny any volunteer application.
6. If your application is approved, The Executive Director will contact you for next steps.
7. Participate in a volunteer orientation with the Executive Director of HSW.
8. Receive/Review the Volunteer Manual.
9. Complete/Sign all appropriate forms and agreements contained in the Volunteer Manual.
We look forward to saving dogs and cats in our community with your help!